Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day with one Grandma and a Great!!!

On Saturday we went to my Grandma's brother Lorin's funeral and then decided to go to her farm in Goshen for pocket stew (or tin foil dinners) for an early mother's day celebration. It was so much fun!!! My Grandma had cows up there which Abby loved she learned how to say MOO and it is adorable. We had a great day just enjoying each other's company Tenille and Blake came up and joined us and as always Blake found someway to get dirty or should I say muddy(Mom has the pictures). Grandma Jill put Abby in the sand for the first time and other than trying to eat it you could tell that she really enjoyed herself although she was pretty dirty after the day was over. Abby was sitting on the ground and started fussing a little bit and her Great Grandma Ruby sat down on the ground with her and played with her toys it was cute!!! I am so greatful that at ninety years old she is still so able and willing to play with her grandkids and although Abby won't remember I have the pictures as proof. It was a great day to spend with family I am so greatful that we can enjoy each others company and the nice warm weather finally.




Playing in the sand with Grandma Jill.







Playing with Great Grandma Ruby.

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome that your grandma still able to in joy her great grandchildren. I am glad that everyone had a good time. We wish that we could have been there but Tanner had to work. We miss you guys and can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot of fun and those pictures are priceless! Totally love Abby's hair, BTW! I can hardly believe that she is one years old. I swear I was just holding her in the hospital!

    ReplyDelete