Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Please help solve my latest old folks moment

Okay my brothers will probably remember this but for some strange reason I can't for the life of me remember how this saying goes and we used to say it all the time. Tyler and I have been arguing about it and I think he is saying it wrong or different from what we used to say. So help a sister out if you can remember
Eenie meanie miny mo catch a tiger by the toe if he hollers make him pay 50 dollars everyday.... and that's where it gets fuzzy!!! Please help if you can.

Also Tyler and I went camping last weekend I will write tomorrow if I have time and post some pictures we had a pretty good time minus the mosquito bites!!!

5 comments:

  1. So I asked Travis, and I feel the same way, but right after the "pay 50 dollars everyday" it is "and you are not it." Does that help? Basically, you got the whole saying down!

    Glad that you guys had fun camping. Not looking forward to MORE mosquitoes! Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Travis was logged under his name to get on his e-mail so I posted and just realized that it posted under his name (don't go to his blog, it was a freaky school thing he had to do while he was at BSU). Anyways, it was really Ryann and so hopefully, it helped!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so I have it, I use to say this when I was a kid too. After the fifty dollars make him pay it goes, my mother said to choose the very best one and you are not it. There you have it hope it helps.

    So glad that your camping trip was fun. I can't wait to go camping with the family next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We used to say it TOTALLY different. We said it:
    Eenie Meenie Miny Moe, catch a tiger by the toe, if he hollers let him go, eenie meenie miny moe. My mother said to count to ten...(count to ten)... and you are not it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeny, meeny, miny, moe,
    Catch a tiger by the toe.
    If he hollers let him go,
    Eeny, meeny, miny, moe.
    Sometimes a line is added at the end of the rhyme to draw out (or to manipulate) the seemingly random selection process, such as:
    My mother told me to pick the best one,
    And you are not it!
    There are considerable variations in the lyrics of the rhyme, including from early twentieth century in the United States of America:
    Eeny, meeny, miny moe,
    Catch a tiger by the toe.
    If he hollers make him pay,
    Fifty dollars every day.
    A distinct version of the rhyme in Great Britain, collected in the 1960s, is:
    Eeeny, meeny, miney, mo.
    Put the baby on the po.
    When he's done,
    Wipe his bum.
    And tell his mother what he's done

    ReplyDelete