Sunday, June 28, 2009

Father's Day in Yellowstone!!! A Little Bit Late!

For father's day weekend we decided to go to Yellowstone National Park. It was a free admission weekend so you could go in the park Saturday and Sunday with no fees and we love free stuff!!! It was alot of fun except for the rain, rain, rain. I swear everytime we got out of the car to look at something or eat the weather knew it and the clouds would burst open. On Saturday we got to the park a little late at about 2 o'clock and visited Old Faithful I never get tired of seeing that huge tower of water shoot up in the air it is amazing! Abby wasn't to thrilled with it but maybe next year she will appreciate it's awesomeness ( I'm not sure that is a word). We stayed at a Holiday Inn in West Yellowstone with 10 other people yep ten!! Of course it was people that we knew Mom and Dad, Travis, Ryann, Aftyn, Kaylee, Hunter, along with Alyssa and Blake and Chelsey and then the three of us talk about a full house. We took the kids in the pool while Ryann and Mom went to pick up pizza. Everybody was pretty tired but Ryann, Tyler, Chelsey and I stayed up talking until about 11:30 and then our beautiful daughter woke up at 12:30. I do not function well on one hour of sleep plus we didn't really have anywhere to go with her except the bathroom so she sat in the tub for a while so that she wouldn't keep everybody awake but I don't really think it worked sorry everybody!!! Anyway at about 4 am Abby went back to sleep and then everybody got up at 7 ouch!!! We enjoyed a wonderful breakfast and spent the rest of the day in the park it was a wonderful little mini vacation and I am thankful that my parents are always thinking of ways to spend time together as a family they are pretty great and we are so lucky!!! Thanks mom and dad we love you!!! Here a couple of pictures from our trip.




Abby and Daddy in the steam from ??? I can never remember the names of all the places Sorry look at someone elses blog for more info on the names.


This was in the Algae at Mammoth and I thought it looked like an A for Abby!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that you still like to go places with your "Old" parents. I really like the family picture of the 3 of you. We should probably pool all of our pictures and start creating albums. Troy has been keeping a lot of my photos on his server in Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a lot of fun, so glad that we could all go together and that we could experience sleeping in ONE hotel room together! It was fun and those are some cute pics!

    ReplyDelete